Friday, December 5, 2008

It was a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad day in our house. Elfie committed suicide.

Let's start at the beginning.

I decided to start the "Elf on a shelf" tradition with Ethan. I won't go into details but if you are curious, you can google it. Basically, I have this little elf that I hide every morning. Ethan has to find him. During the day, he "watches" Ethan and at night he goes to the North Pole to let Santa know if he was good. Behavior-wise, it's not working, but it's still cute.

Anyhow, since I work at night, Jay normally hides the Elf. I'm there in the morning when Ethan has to find him. Ethan LOVES to find him. Yesterdays spot was on a fan blade in the computer room (see where this is going?)

Jay forgot to hide him. I never even thought about it. Ethan woke up this morning and went straight to the computer room to play. First, he turned the fan on. Not only did Elfie fall, Elfie slammed into the wall, first. Ethan CRIED. Hard. As soon as I heard the clunk of Elfie's head on the hardwood floors (well...the wall, first) my mind was going a mile a minute. I held Ethan for a second, then told him to wait in the other room, I was going to go look at the crime scene. I scooped Elfie up, hid him in a new spot, and totally played dumb. I suppose you could say I made Ethan feel like he imagined the whole terrible story, but regardless, he bought it. And he's happy now.

The end.

No comments: