One year ago:
- I finally got it when I'd hear the saying "You never know what tomorrow may bring."
-I watched my sister struggle and overcome some vicious odds
- I learned what pure exhaustion is
- I learned who my true friends were, and learned that family will always pull through to hold you up as your world crumbles
-I learned life gives no guarantees. No matter how amazing of a person you are. Everything can be taken away in the blink of an eye with no explanation. And you have to accept that.
-I experienced hate in the truest form, as people found pleasure in beating me while I was down, and I experienced love in the purest form as my friends came to my rescue
- I cried a million tears, I gave up, I didn't care what tomorrow brought because I was too angry about what THAT day brought.
-I shook my fists at God, I slammed my Bible shut, and screamed whenever I'd hear someone say that God "cured" their headache, as my sister laid in the ICU with tubes coming from every direction, struggling to keep her alive
-I was mad, I was angry, I was so, so bitter. I was selfish and self-absorbed. I had daily pity parties FOR MYSELF
-I have put the past behind me, and KEPT it there. No more "this time last year..." We look forward, not backwards, because you can't change the past
- I have loved deeper than I ever have before.
- My faith is strong. Without faith, I've got NOTHING. I am slowly gaining my trust back in God, but I admit, I do falter sometimes.
- Drama? Save it for yo' mama. I don't have time for it. Life is way too short to hold grudges.
- Don't be scared. You can't live a fulfilling life in fear. Things happen. Pretend like they don't. Take chances and never. stop. learning.