Thursday, December 15, 2011

So this past week, I have been attending orientation for any new Henry Ford new hires.  Except I'm not a new Henry Ford new hire, I'm a transfer, but apparently that's beside the point.

Here is the dress code for these off-site training sessions:

No denim, no artificial nails, no crocs or open-toes shoes, no bare legs, no exposed tattoos or piercings, must wear dress pants/slacks, skirts/dresses acceptable, shoes should compliment clothing, skirts no more than 2 inches above the knee, clothes should be neat, pressed, in good and appropriate size, yadda yadda yadda.

Now don't get me wrong.  I realize the need for these (terribly outdated) necessary (what is it, 1950?) dress code rules, because you can't go out in public without seeing someone in pajama pants and/or slippers, looking as though they just rolled out of bed (or the bar) but it still makes me kinda giggle.

So!  When I went to get dressed this morning in my (neatly pressed) dress pants and my (complimentary to my clothing) brown flats, I realized it was rainy.  Rainy weather + flats = cold feet.

My way of handling this predicament?
                                                                Oh yes.  I did. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flats! You have amazing style :) Did you get those from Target? I have them in black :)

Laura said...

I think payless?? I loooooove flats, but these ones aren't very comfy. The socks definitely helped :)

Anonymous said...

Laura, those socks are not complimentary to anything....anytime. Eeeek!!!