Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let me tell you a story.  No, you don't have to pull up a chair.  It's fairly quick. 

So about 2.5 years ago, Jay, Ethan, myself, and fetus-Allison were killing time before we were to go bowling with friends.  To help pass time, we figured we'd stop at Petsmart to let Ethan look at the fish.  Once we had our fair share of fish-looking, we stopped to watch the puppy training class.  Well, just past the puppy training class, sat a card table with two elderly people sitting there.  On their lap, they had a Beagle.  He was cute.  I was pregnant and hormonal, and apparently lacking a bazillion brain cells, because I figured this was the PERFECT dog for us to adopt.  $175 later, he was ours.

Would you believe that this little furry dog, (and when I say furry, I'm not kidding...he sheds like a freaking MANIAC!) caused me major anxiety?  For one, our current dog thought he was the worst new family member EVER.  She H-A-T-E-D him.  She would bark and growl at him with every move he made.  His first night in our home, he whined the entire night, so I had to lay out on the couch with him, all the while thinking to myself....WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?!!

But.... here we are, almost 3 years later, and Logan the Beagle is still a part of our family.  I still wonder WHY WHY WHY, but he's not going anywhere...he's good with the kids, he poops in the basement, he gets along with other animals, he has chewed up my brand new couch, and he hardly ever barks.  What's NOT to love?

Anyhow...there was a point to this story.  No, really, there is.  Bear with me.

The point is, I am one who HATES disruption in my life.  I like things to always stay the same.  No changes.  Adopting Logan was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE disruption and I had a very hard time adjusting.  It's not just adopting him that was difficult.  It's ANY change...big or small.  I don't like to change.  Period.

But what's funny about that (not funny haha, more funny weird) is that this HUGE change I made recently with changing my job, just feels so RIGHT.  I am not scared.  I am not wondering what the heck I was thinking.  I am not worried that it won't work out. 

What is also funny, is that the nurse I orientated when I worked on 6 is the one who helped me get this job.   I remember the first time I met her.  I instantly liked her and I have always felt a connection with her.  When we hang out (which isn't very often) it just feels so comfortable, like we've been friends for forever.

I am SO ready for this.  I just know this is going to be a very good thing.

No comments: