Sunday, February 8, 2009


Two days in a row and the nausea was minimal! Woo! I am still battling the fatigue, but I will take that ANY day over the nausea.


I am at a terribly awkward stage in my pregnancy. I don't really look pregnant, but none of my pants fit comfortably. I despise maternity jeans. Seriously. Do they make ANY with back pockets? Because I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say that a lack of back pockets will make even the tiniest butt look big. And when you don't have a tiny butt AND your pregnant, well, that's just scary.


Jay and Ethan went up north this weekend which was nice for me because I got to do lots of relaxing. Friday night I worked, but then Saturday I laid around all day and watched America's Next Top Model marathon. Then I had dinner with my parents and went to church. Ideal day. Today my boys are home and we are just relaxing. We had my Grandma's 80th birthday party which was nice, and then we went for a walk with both dogs and Ethan rode his bike.


Did I ever mention the two dog thing? No? Well yeah..we have two dogs now. We. are. insane. Seriously. I have no idea what we were thinking. Did I mention our original dog hates other dogs and we KNEW this going in? No? Well, yeah to that, too. Lucy is getting better, but those first few weeks were rough and I spent a lot of time yelling and crying. We even started the process of giving him up, but when we learned that by contract, we would have to surrender him back to the adoption place AND pay a fee, we decided to try to work this out. He is the sweetest little dog in the world. Almost TOO sweet. Ethan named him Logan. So we have Lucy and Logan. He's a 17 pound beagle and he has the same colors as Lucy. They look really cute together. Honestly, it's getting a lot better and he brings out a really playful side to Lucy. I still wonder on a daily basis what I was thinking, though. I'll have to get some pictures up.


I had my ultrasound last week. The tech was less than exciting. She basically measured the baby blob and was done. I had to ask to see/hear the heartbeat, and that was the only way I got to see my baby for more than 2 seconds. Ethan was there, and I thought she'd be a little bit more patient with his questions. I'm a little concerned because my baby looks awfully pointy and lumpy, but I spoke with my OB and she assured me that the baby looks perfectly normal and that everything will "smooth out" within the next few weeks. I do have a picture from the ultrasound, so I can post that now.


I have a STRONG feeling that this baby is a girl. I have ever since I found out I was pregnant and even on the ultrasound, it looked like a feminine blob. I think I am feeling that way, though, just because this pregnancy is the EXACT opposite of what my pregnancy was like with Ethan, and I know that does not mean anything as far as gender goes. I can say with 100% certainty that I will be thrilled no matter what with whatever gender this babe is. I never thought I could be a mommy to a boy, until I had a boy and I found out just how amazing they can be. We'll see! Jay doesn't want to find out the sex and I do, so I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. '


Okay that's all for now.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

YES, there are some maternity jeans with back pockets! I have three different brands that all have back pockets: Old Navy Maternity, Thyme Maternity (not in the US, but there is a store in Windsor), and Duo Maternity (which I think is sold at JC Penny).