Thursday, February 12, 2009

I've seen a ton since I began working at the hospital last year. More than I ever saw in clinicals. Things like a 26 year old who went into a diabetic coma and died. When we turned her over, we saw she had angel wings tattooed on her back. We all gasped when we saw that. Ironic. Or the man who was just about to be discharged home, and went from sitting in a chair, totally with it, to dead, all within about 10 minutes.

Last night was the worst. Like as in, your worst nightmare kind of bad. I don't really want to get into specifics, but I'll say that someone way too young is dying right now, and the baby she is carrying is still with her. Being pregnant myself, if I started to think about it too much, I lost all focus. Why does this happen?

In other news, I really just wish I could pack up my little family of 3 and go away somewhere for a little while. I think it would do us all a world of good to get our minds off the "real world".

No comments: