Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm still hanging in there! I am almost 39 weeks. I feel great. Being off work has made a world of difference in the amount of pain I have in my back. It's amazing. I kept wondering all throughout this pregnancy what was making it so different that I'd have so much more pain than I did with Ethan. Well now I know...it was working. I am so thankful to be off.

Baby K is doing great. I had an OB appointment today. I am now 2 cm dilated and still 50% effaced. Heart rate was in the 140's. Baby moves a lot, which I love. It's my favorite part of pregnancy.

When Ethan was born, I was so overwhelmed with everything. I never imagined a newborn could be so DIFFICULT! I had a ton of anxiety over him, and probably spent way too much time wishing those baby days away. This time around, I am so excited for a newborn. It's different this time because I know how amazing it will be. I already know how much I will love him or her, and I know how fast it will go by. I am excited to let my heart become head over heels in love with another little human being. I know it'll be hard, but I feel more prepared.

I have been super crabby lately, though. I think most of it is that I am nervous about the labor part. With Ethan's birth, it was so hard and painful, but one of the first things I said after he was born was "that was AMAZING." All along I have been looking forward to experiencing it again, but it doesn't make it any less painful or scary! If I could just KNOW that everything will be okay, I would be able to relax a ton.

I am also stressed out because this time around I have to return to work. With Ethan, I stayed home. Don't get me wrong, I want to return to work because I love my job, but I feel so pressured to get everything down pat within 6 weeks. It doesn't help that Ethan is starting Kindergarten and I have him to worry about, too. It all just feels like too much right now. I know in the end, it'll all work out, because it always does.

In other news...Ethan had his 5 year well visit today and he is doing very well. His height and weight are exactly average. His vision is 20/20 in his right eye and 20/30 in his left, which we knew. He exceeds the milestones he needs to know right now and his doctor was very pleased.

Today he decided to write a story, and all on his own he started sounding out words. It was really clever! For Easter, he spelled it Estr. Things like that. I was pretty impressed. He loves to draw and design things. Today he was designing different castles. He has an amazing imagination. I just love him to pieces.

That's about all for now! More updates will be coming very soon, I am sure :) Stay tuned to facebook for baby updates...my sister will be taking over my account when I have the baby to keep people informed.

No comments: