Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So yes, I am pregnant! We are ridiculously happy. We tried for over a year. We had just gotten to the point where we didn't even consider it "trying" anymore and in March, I was due back at my OB to see what the heck was going on. Thank God it finally happened!

On Christmas Eve, I took a test. I really thought it would be cool to tell our families on Christmas Eve night, which is my favorite night of the year. Unfortunately, it was a big, fat negative. I was so sad by it, I couldn't even verbally tell Jay the results. I just shook my head.

Christmas morning rolls around and we do presents with Ethan. It was wonderful. I thought I'd try one more time, even though I was scolding myself mentally because I knew it would just make me sad on Christmas Day. I snuck off, took the test, and ta-da! It was positive. We were over the moon excited.

I am now almost 7 weeks. Now I know I had an easy pregnancy with Ethan. I think I had ONE day of sore boobs, about a weeks worth of morning sickness (and that is exactly what it was...MORNING sickness), and some sciatic nerve pain. The sciatic nerve pain was the worst, but again, I was working at a daycare so I was up and down the entire day and I don't think that helped. So other than the slight premature pregnancy, it was nothing too bad!

Now THIS time. Oh my Lord. Starting at 3 1/2 weeks and right up until now, I feel like someone punched me in the chest so freaking hard. My boobs HURT. And the morning sickness? HA! I have been so sick this past week, it has almost been unbearable. Since last Thursday, I have lost 5 pounds. Jay doesn't get it at all, so I told him to think of it like this: You know how when you get sick off a certain food and you never want to see that food ever again? Well EVERY SINGLE edible thing makes me feel that way. I go to bed feeling like crap, I wake up feeling like crap, and I feel like crap the entire day. I have found that if I eat small, frequent meals, it helps a lot, it's just really hard to find something to eat!

I honestly can't complain, though, because I am just so so so happy that I am finally pregnant. And deep down, the symptoms all help remind me that I am growing a little baby in me, and it never fails to make me smile. My first appointment is next week and I am so so so excited.

More to come later!

No comments: