Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yay! It's the first post in my brand new blog. I have to figure out how to make it fancy. I wasn't going to use it until I figured it out, but then I remembered how tech savvy I am NOT, and realized I better just start posting.

So yesterday, I showed up at work. Normally I get there about 20 minutes before I am due to start, but yesterday I was running behind and I got there right at 3. So I punch in and the day charge nurse always does a little meeting with us pre-shift to just give us a quick idea of how the day went. At the very end she says "..oh, and Laura will be in charge this afternoon." No joke, my jaw hit the floor. I. was. stunned. I asked her if she was kidding about 5 times. She said that the regular afternoon charge nurse, herself, and my boss discussed it, and thought that I would do a good job and wanted me to try it out. At first I was freaked out, but I ended up LOVING it. It was awesome. And I hope I can do it again. I walked on cloud 9 the entire shift. It was really surreal. Oh, I am also taking classes in January to be chemo certified. And to think that all this time I have been wondering about what path I would choose...I don't think I have to worry about it! My job is choosing it for me.

Ethan is doing wonderful and our kitchen remodel starts next Monday. I already have the scary "before" pictures. I'll be sure to post them soon.

No comments: