Friday, May 25, 2012

When I was 20, Jay and I were engaged.  He purchased his first home in that summer, and we still live here today.

When I was 21, I got married to my first and only love.  We were SO YOUNG!  But so sure.

When I was 22, I gave birth to the most precious baby boy in the world.  Ethan Michael graced us with his presence at 35 weeks, weighing a whopping 5 pounds.  He's now 60 pounds, and I just can't believe how fast time goes by!

When I was 23, I decided to change my career path.  I stopped going to college to be a teacher, and went back to college to be a nurse.  I have never once regretted that decision.

When I was 24, I received my acceptance letter into the nursing program.  I remember calling everyone I could think of, reading them the letter.

When I was 25, I was in the depths of the nursing program, stressed beyond all belief, but also very proud that I followed my heart.

When I was 26 I graduated from nursing school and it was one of the most exciting days of my life.  I also accepted my first "real job" at Henry Ford Hospital on the 6th floor.

When I was 27 I gave birth to my princess, Allison Jaye.  She has been the most amazing blessing and I still can't believe I have a daughter. 

When I was 28 my sister collapsed of sudden cardiac arrest and I learned the true meaning of tragedy and sadness.  I also realized how precious life is and tomorrow is not promised.

When I was 29 I left my position as a floor nurse and accepted a position in a gynecologic oncology clinic.  I realized the true strength of women who battle female cancers. 

Tomorrow I turn 30.  I spent most of my 20's creating my life.  I have never felt such a sense of gratitude, appreciation, and peace.  Bring it, 30's!

1 comment:

Megan Maiani said...

And you have done such an awesome job in your 20's. Your 30's are going to bring you so many proud moments of your children. It was adorable driving by the other day and seeing your daughter put her butt on the sprinker and laugh and run towards Ethan!!