Thursday, May 10, 2012

It is so amazing how life works.  This week has been really hard on my emotions.  Like, REALLY hard.   Like as in, eyes burning from crying and a pounding headache that no amount of Tylenol will help.

But then, something wonderful happens.  Your 7 year old son approaches you with a card he made at school.  On the back of the card, he wrote:

You love me.  You take care of me.  You are very, very funny.  You help me lots, too.  You are very fun.  You teach me things I don't know yet.  You taught me things like God when I was 4 or 5 years old.  You play with me and you read the Bible to me.


I know I fail.  I fail every day.  I am an imperfect person in an imperfect world, just trying to do the best I can with what I've got.  This, though.  This shows me that I have done one thing very, very right.

I love you, Ethan.  Thank you for being the candlelight that shines, pushing out all of the darkness.

No comments: