Monday, May 4, 2009

I am definitely in the "honeymoon" phase of my pregnancy. The ONLY complaint I have is towards the end of the day, the sides of my abdomen feel like they are stretching to the max. I'll take it. Considering I had roughly 16 solid weeks of nonstop nausea (I have nightmares about that! It was horrendous) and the fatigue. Anything is better than that. I haven't even really been having back aches like I was, or sciatic nerve pain. I am not a fool to realize that it will come back, but I am REALLY enjoying it while it all stays away!

I had a decent night at work tonight. I left feeling so thankful for all my coworkers. The people I work with on afternoons make things so much easier. We all help each other out a ton. Tonight as a big group of us were walking out of the building to our cars, we realized that we are always the only group that walks out talking loudly and laughing. We just get along really awesome.

I realized today that yesterday was the one year anniversary since I graduated. That year FLEW and I can't believe how long I have actually been working at the hospital already. It's crazy! My shift alone, the time just flies.

Ethan has 12 days of school left, and yes, he is counting down. He is doing so well. Conferences are next week and I am really excited. He has his Kindergarten testing this week at some point. His teacher gave us a list of what he will be tested on. I went through it once with him and never did again because he already knows it. The only thing he doesn't know is how to spell his middle name, but I don't think they are actually going to ask that. He's so smart and we are so proud of him.

Some Ethan-isms. I know a lot of these are only really cute/funny if you hear him say them. I just like "writing" them down for my own reference because otherwise I'd forget.

Ethan: Wow, see all those flowers out there? (Pointing to a large field of wild flowers)

Me: Yes, they are beautiful, aren't they?

Ethan: Yup. Wanna know what else is beautiful?

Me: What?

Ethan: You are, Momma.

Me: Oh thank you, Ethan! It makes my heart very happy to hear you say that.

Ethan: I like to make your heart happy. Daddy makes my heart silly because he always makes me laugh.

(We talk about our heart a lot with Ethan. I use it a lot when he is acting up. I'll tell him that I don't like the way he is acting, and it makes me sad because he has such a good heart.)

No comments: