Thursday, April 25, 2013

37 week this week and still hanging in there!  Ever since my non-stress test last week, I have been contracting every 5-10 minutes.  They are never regular, and they aren't getting stronger, so it's just a nice little reminder of what is to come. 

I saw the cardiologist yesterday.  Because my heart is holding steady right now, no further interventions are needed before I deliver.  They will see me when I am in the hospital after delivery, and then I see them about 2 weeks after delivery for a referral to an electrophysiologist.  Apparently what they want to do is purposely put my heart into an arrhythmia.  Depending on how hard or how easy it is to create will determine what type of treatment I will need.  If I can go into an arrhythmia easily, I will likely need to be on a medication.  If it's difficult, it will likely mean that I can just follow up with 2-D echo's every so often to check how my heart is.

Baby K is still showing signs of an arrhythmia as well.  His heart beats normal, then starts beating irregular.  I have no idea what the plan of care will be after his birth, but I am hoping it is something that corrects itself quickly.

My last ultrasound a week ago showed he was 5 pounds, 6 ounces.  On the smaller side, but consistent with how his growth has been all along.

Otherwise, things are moving along!  I am excited for his arrival but at the same time, I am enjoying the last few weeks of being a momma to 2.

No comments: