Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I saw the cardiologist today and he was really nice.  It was a relief, as I hardly had time to process the fact that I needed to see a cardiologist, let alone choose who I saw.

He was very laid back and friendly.  He had all of my previous cardiac imaging, but didn't really comment a whole lot on it.  He is repeating the imaging for himself, so next week Friday I am doing a stress echo (imagine a nearly 8 month pregnant girl, huffing and puffing on a treadmill, with electrodes all over her.  Okay, don't.  It's disturbing.) and then I'll wear a heart monitor for 30 days. I will follow up with him when the 30 days are over, and we'll go from there.

I was very pleased with this.  He didn't get ahead of himself and starting giving me all the things that could happen, he kept it right in the present, and we will deal with what we're given, and I like that a lot.  It's not so overwhelming. 

So next Friday is the stress echo, then I see my OB the following week.  I am assuming this will be the appointment that determines the rest of the course of this pregnancy.  I have spent the past several days researching everything under the sun, so any scenarios that become reality, I will have a game plan.  Might not be an EASY game plan or a cheap game plan, but it'll be a game plan, nonetheless.

In the meantime, life will carry on as it has always been.  I am not restricted from working, I will simply be taking the precautions I have been all along because of being pregnant, and continue taking things one day at a time.

No comments: