Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Two years ago today, I was celebrating my best friends wedding.   It was a gorgeous fall day, bright and crisp.  The dresses were cherry red.  My sister and I were bridesmaids and spent morning until night together, looking like queens.  Laughing, dancing, eating, drinking, and enjoying each other's company. 

Two years ago today is the last memory I have of my sister pre-brain injury.  Do you have any idea how thankful I am that out of all the memories I have in my life, THIS was the memory that is the "last"?  We were surrounded by our favorite people:  Kristen, Colin, Renee, Heather, Linsey, Mr. and Mrs. Mosczynski, as well as our parents and our spouses.  Do memories get much better than that?

I remember when I got the call.  One of the first people I called was Kristen.  I told her what I knew, and then said, "thank you."  Why would saying thank you be appropriate?  Because at that moment, I didn't know what was going on.  I didn't know if my sister would be alive by the time I got to the ER.  If there was any "last memory" I wanted, it was exactly the one I had:  laughing, dancing, eating drinking, and enjoying each other's company on a gorgeous fall day, bright and crisp.


No comments: