Sunday, February 13, 2011

So many evenings, I sit down to write, but the words just don't come.

There really isn't a whole lot to update on, though. Leslie is doing well. Small, slow improvements, with the occasional set-back. I'll take it, though. Her memory is improving. She can recall things much quicker than she used to. Now the challenge is getting her motivated to share things. If no one talks to her or MAKES her do things, she will literally just sit there. In her own words, "I never get bored."

Therapy is still continuing, and she is now seeing a neuro-psychologist to help with her lack of motivation. I am clinging to the hope that once the weather gets better, she will be more motivated to do things, even if it's just to get some Bob Jo's ice cream, cause I know my sister, and I know she will never pass up Bob Jo's.

As far as MY health goes, no real changes. I had my cardiac MRI a few weeks ago, and it was torture. It started out fine. I was told it would take 1.5-2 hours. HAHAHA! It took...get this...4 HOURS. My body was so sore when I got out of that tube, you'd have thought I just got done with something extremely physical instead of just laying flat.

The MRI confirmed what the echo did...my heart is weak. Not SUPER weak, but weaker than a 28 year old heart should be. I have to continue the Lopressor and Lisinopril, and I am still wearing the heart monitor. I see the cardiologist at the end of March to see what the next step is. It sounds like I will be increased on the heart medications "to a dose as high as I can tolerate" (or in my own words, until my blood pressure bottoms out and I DIE!) and then repeat the echo in about 6 months. We'll see.

That's all for now!

No comments: