Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I know I have become SO bad at posting. I sincerely mean to, but then the words just don't come.

Allison is 4 months old now. She smiles nonstop and has thrown out a giggle here and there that will just brighten even the darkest day. She is such a little pleasure to be with. Her biggest dislike, though? Being alone. She hates it. This also means she hates her carseat, since it faces backwards and she can't see anyone. Therefore, as long as she can see you, she is the happiest little thing. It is so easy to get a smile or a squeal out of her. She melts me into a puddle every single time. I adore that girl!

Ethan is doing great. He will proudly say he is 5 1/2 now and is waiting until he can say 5 3/4. He is doing wonderfully in Kindergarten and for the most part, he really likes it. He seems to have a lot of friends. He adores Allison, and loves trying to make her smile. He will rub her fuzzy head and call her his "little princess."

Jay just started a 10 week layoff. It is a blessing in disguise. It's so nice having him home. The kids love it, too. I just wish we could manage to have him home all the time, but it's just not possible. We are definitely enjoying it while we can!

I am still working days and I really like it. The 12 hour shifts are rough, but the 8 hour shifts balance it out so nicely. I have had much better days at work lately, so that has been refreshing.

All in all, everything is going well! I will update next with pictures, I promise!

1 comment:

Gail P Smith said...

Hi Laura,
Just a little note from the "blog next door". I clicked on the "next blog" up at the top of a blog I administrate called "When Someone You Love Has Cancer" and found your blog.
Please take a look if you have a chance and send me a note if you would like a free copy of the book by the same name.
Happy nursing!
Gail Smith